Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Yamagoya Ramen @ Publika

As you all know, I'm a huge fan of Japanese Ramen (In fact all kind of noodles). Many fancy a bowl of pork based soup with their noodles, claiming that its the original flavour and irreplaceable. In my case, it doesn't matter whether its pork or chicken, I love it as long as it creates the perfect explosion of flavours.

I've had enough cookies and bak gua back at home so I decided to come back to KL on the third day of Chinese New Year to do some CNY visits. The boyf was working and I decided to drive around in the traffic-free city.

I went to Publika, Solaris Dutamas around lunch time. Many of the shops were closed because of the CNY break. It took me 30 minutes to decide what to go for (women!)  until I came across Yamagoya Ramen!
The bestie and I wanted to try it a while ago but the crowd was mad and we couldn't get any. Lucky for me, it was less crowded when I walked pass and immediately, I took my seat outdoor enjoying the beautiful weather.

Untitled
Yamagoya Ramen  w Tamago. 

Gone through the menu quickly and I ordered their signature Yamagoya Ramen with extra Tamago. The service was great and my ramen was served within 10 minutes. Disappointment kicked in before eating by looking at the Tamago, it was obviously overcooked. Why they can never do it right? Dig into the good looking bowl, the flavour was good but nothing extraordinary. I liked the char siew but there was only two slices of them. Noodles were too soft for my personal preference. :(

My meal cost around RM30 including a glass of green tea. It was a 'so-so' experience for me. I probably will never queue for average quality ramen at such price.
Now that they opened another outlet in Fahrenheit 6th floor, Im wondering if its gonna be the same?

Yamagoya Ramen
No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia



Or maybe I should just stick to my favourite ramen at Marutama :)






1 comment:

  1. Marufuku still rocks for me.

    OKLAH..your Yamagoya egg looked better than the ones I had when I ate with Uncle Dennis.

    ReplyDelete